10 DIY Projects You Can Do To Modernize Your Home!
Here are 10 DIY Projects you can do on a budget even if you are not the greatest handyman. Not everybody enjoys do-it-yourself projects, but once you get the hang of DIY you may just find that you not only get things done more efficiently and within a budget, but you could find that you actually enjoy doing some of your own maintenance and projects.
If you’re a stranger to DIY projects, you need to identify the tools you are able to work with confidently, and then decide what projects you can tackle. Watching a few YouTube video’s on “how to” do a particular project is always a great option. Embrace a few relatively simple skills before you get started in the realm of do-it-yourself endeavors. Categorize essential maintenance and repair tasks and more involved home improvement projects.
Maintenance and repair jobs include things like mending fuses, changing sockets, replacing washers or cartridges to stop taps from dripping, clearing airlocks in heating systems, replacing damaged floorboards, replacing broken floor tiles, oiling and adjusting sliding sash windows or even fitting/re-fitting curtain rails and poles.
Home improvement projects on the other hand are more like mini makeovers, and they may be undertaken indoors or outside. Our top ten DIY projects are:
- Painting – the quickest and easiest DIY projects that will transform any room in your home.
- Change the taps on your basin, bath and sink to immediately modernize the look of these functional rooms.
- Sand old wooden floors and reseal them to give them a new fresh glow.
- Replace old kitchen cupboard doors for a totally new look, or paint existing ones without spending a fortune on a new kitchen.
- Remove your popcorn ceiling and replace them with good-looking, solid ceiling-board.
- Add classic shelving for extra storage; imaginatively and creatively done these will improve your interior design.
- Wallpaper one wall in your living room to give it a touch of class.
- Add a timber deck onto the side of your house. This will enable you to live an indoor-outdoor lifestyle in the summer months and give you a great entertainment area too.
- Once the patio or deck is complete, add a pergola or canopy to the area so that you have some shelter from the sun.
- Build a small pond with a fountain to add the soothing sound of water to your outdoor space.
The good news is that you do not need a big check book to take on these DIY Projects and whats more, the projects can be done in your own timeline. Always try to complete one before starting the next. It is also a good idea before you start, to make a list of all you need so that frustration does not stop you continuing. Often you will find that a professional in the DIY department of big stores, have someone there who will be able to offer you a tip or two. Don’t be shy to ask for help when doing DIY Projects.
If you would prefer to move than to improve, then Please me a call and I will help you find the perfect home!
Call Michael a call 704-975-4651 or email Michael@MGaddy.com